Community Service Massage Team (CSMT) – Responder Training | Lee Stang | 7 CE Hours | Columbus, NC
Community Service Massage Team (CSMT) – Responder Training
- Date: Saturday, August 25, 2018
- Location: Steps to Hope Inc.; 60 Ward Street, Columbus, NC 28722
- Presenter: Lee Stang
- Class is 8 hours
- Registration: 7:30 am – 8:00am
- Class: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Class will qualify for 7 CE hours
Registration Cost: AMTA Members $85.00
We are pleased to announce the start of the Southeast Region CSMT Emergency Response Division! The NC Chapter of AMTA will be holding a Responder Training on Saturday, August 25, 2018 (Followed by the Team Leader Training on Sunday, August 26, 2018 – Responder Training is a prerequisite for Team Leader Training).
This new outreach program was formed from the concept of MERT (Massage Emergency Response Team), which was established in 1989 following the Loma Prieta, California Earthquake. The CSMT played a significant role in 9/11 at Ground Zero and again at the Sandy Hook School Shooting in 2012, among many other emergency situations.
CSMT was developed because of the need to maintain a readiness for such emergencies and have an active presence in the community. The growth of this program is continuing to evolve in NC. We would like to invite you, along with AMTA Licensed Massage & Bodywork Therapists from our neighboring states, to join us in this training and, upon completion of training, become a member of our Southeast Region Community Service Massage Team!!
Are you ready to get started? This training is for the first level of training as Emergency Responders. We will hold a Team Leader Training on Sunday, August 26, 2018.
CSMT Member Eligibility Requirements:
- AMTA Professional Member with insurance coverage.
- Completion of the CSMT responder training course 8 hours LIVE
- For Team Leader complete additional 8 hours LIVE
- Completed application to the AMTA-NC chapter (can be done at class)
- Submit Signed Code of Conduct (can be done at class)
If you are interested in more information regarding the Southeast Regional CSMT or would like to become a volunteer. Please contact Deborah Wade, CSMT Chair email@example.com .
Need to Bring to class:
- Paper and Pen for taking notes