Myofascial Bodywork Techniques
(16 CE Hours)
Presenter: Dee Edra Vickers
Areas that will be addressed:
- Myofascial Thoracic Release Massage: A hands-on class that releases the thorax to treat tension produced from conditions such as tension from chronic chest pain, thoracic outlet tension, occupational tension from chronic mask wearing, asthma and pathology that produces chronic coughing.
- Frozen Shoulder Techniques: A hands-on class that explores the difference between frozen shoulder and shoulder impingement. Hands-on techniques for shoulder release are demonstrated and practiced for proficiency. Take the techniques with you and immediately put them to use.
- Psoas Release Massage: Psoas techniques to release the stubborn and hard to access psoas. Hands-on demonstration and practice make these techniques easy to learn and go to use them immediately in your massage.
- Sciatica Techniques: Release the pain in the rear that travels down the leg with hands-on sciatic release techniques. Hands-on demonstration and practice of the sciatic techniques make this an easy to learn and implement techniques class.
This class is approved by the NCBTMB for 16 CE hours for NC LMBTs.
Registration: $175 AMTA Member | $250 Non-Member
Location: Cary Area EMS; Medcon Court Facility; 107 Medcon Court; Cary, NC, 27511
This Class will be held via Zoom Webinar
Ethics and Professionalism in Massage (3 CE Hours)
Presenter: William Dickinson
This class will provide an interesting look at how adhering to a set of ethical standards goes hand-in-hand with professionalism as a massage therapist. We will consider and discuss some legal and ethical principles and then dive into some real-life scenarios that will challenge us to come up with the right answers, and behaviors, in response. This is a fun class filled with a lot of information and discussion among the attendees. We will call out unacceptable behaviors and practices in our profession. This is not your ordinary ethics class.
This class is approved by the NCBTMB for 3 CE hours for NC LMBTs.
Participants need to have available:
Pen and paper for taking notes
Registration: Free for AMTA Members | $50 Non-Members
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Registration: 1:50-2:00 pm
Class: 2:00 – 5:00 pm
This class will be held via Zoom webinar
We are pleased to announce the start of the new Community Outreach Team (COT)
This new outreach program was formed from the concept of MERT (Massage Emergency Response Team), which was established in 1989 following the Loma Prieta, California Earthquake. The CSMT played a significant role in 9/11 at Ground Zero and again at the Sandy Hook School Shooting in 2012, among many other emergency situations.
The Community Outreach Team was formerly known as the Community Service Massage Team (CSMT) and was originally developed because of the need to maintain a readiness for such emergencies and have an active presence in the community. The growth of this program is continuing to evolve in NC. We would like to invite you to be part of our new Community Outreach Team! Community Outreach programs are scheduled throughout the year. Let’s be active and make a difference in the community; not only when disasters occur.
We are planning Training & Orientation for
October 22, 2022
in Cornelius, NC from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
If you want to be a part of the Community Outreach Team, please register for our orientation & training session.
5 credits for licensure renewal,
Lunch and Team Shirt are included
National Massage Therapy Awareness Week (NMTAW) is October 23-29, 2022
NMTAW is a dedicated week for AMTA members across the U.S. to promote the benefits of massage therapy, within their community. This year the CSMT Emergency Response team is working with the NMTAW committee to organize and sponsor a week of individual community projects dedicated to support our fellow 1st responders.
We would love your help for these small projects, within your community.
Requirements for Community Outreach Team participation:
- AMTA Professional Member with insurance coverage.
- Completion of the orientation/ training session
- Completed application and fees to the AMTA-NC chapter (can be done at class).
- Submit Signed Code of Conduct (can be done at class)
If you are interested in more information, regarding the Southeast Regional Community Outreach Team and/or would like to become a volunteer, please contact:
Community Outreach Team Coordinator
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-301-9426
Please bring to class: Paper and Pen for taking notes
October 22-23, 2022
TMJD Courses 1 & 2 – Glove Up!
(13 CE Hours)
Presenter: Ashley Urquhart
TMJD Course 1: This course will introduce participants to the basics of intra oral Temporomandibular Joint techniques. This treatment is a safe and effective way to release muscles that cause headaches, jaw tension, and upper back pain by using clean gloved fingers inside the mouth. Participants will gain knowledge of the anatomy of the major skull bones and muscles. They will comprehend the symptoms and causes associated with TMJ dysfunction. Participants will know the importance of sanitization and contraindications.
TMJD Course 2: Participants will learn and understand the TTBS assessment and will be given details on what and how you should properly use TTBS performing an activity. Participants will learn how to observe incorrect postures that affect the TMJ. Students will be able to match the SI joint and jaw joint to be similar in height using their assessment. They will know the major muscles to perform on to prevent conditions from happening. Participants will understand how to educate their repeat future clients by explaining self care exercises.
This class is approved by the NCBTMB for 13 CE hours for NC LMBTs
Each participant should wear comfortable clothing (possibly layers)
Participants need to bring:
- Massage Table
- 2 Sets of Sheets each day
- Lotion or Oil
- Facial Mask (required when working on each other)
Registration Fee: $150 AMTA Member | $200 Non-Member
October 22-23, 2022
Registration: 8:30 am each day
October 22, 2022
Class: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (1 hr Lunch)
October 23, 2022
Class: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (1 hr Lunch)
Location: Windy Ridge HOA Clubhouse; 35 Scott Street; Greenville, NC 27858