The old adage “many hands make light work” has never been so true as among Massage Therapists. The AMTA-NC chapter wants to provide the very best for its members; and being a volunteer driven organization, ……….. WE need YOU!! That extra ‘body’ that lightens the load, and essentially, helps gain ground & advance the profession.
There are endless ways in which you can aid and assist your chapter;
- from simply greeting participants at conference/conventions
- to graphic art talents in designing the newsletter/brochures/postcards
- to sitting around eating pizza and stuffing membership envelopes full of welcome goodies
- to attending and representing the AMTA & Massage profession at BMBT/ Board meetings
- to calling and informing fellow members of up coming events
- Assisting in organizing local Continuing Education
- Assisting and participating in National Massage Therapy Awareness Week (NMTAW) on the National, State and local levels. Last week in October
- Visiting your old massage school to share the benefits of the profession and AMTA
- Or having the ability to see skills within individuals and connecting them with the appropriate need within the chapter
If you find you have a talent and care to share with the other members of the AMTA North Carolina, please contact the appropriate board member or chairperson to volunteer today!!!!. The profession and AMTA Need you.
- Meeting and Planning
- Massage Therapy Awareness Week
- Community Service Massage Team
- Newsletter Editor
- School Liaison
- Regional Education Administrator
My name is Ashley Grier and as a native of North Carolina I’m very excited to join the NC Chapter. As a small child I remember being very drawn to nature and energy. I would lay my hands on people who were sad or in pain and start speaking some unknown language while I danced around. Little did I know, 30 years later I’d become a Reiki Master. I love being a sound therapist because I have an excuse to play music and I can just say I’m working because usually I am. One thing I always remember is the importance of being a student in life. Through the journey of life and many turns I’m thankful to have been grounded by unconditional love. I believe in the power of giving back to the greater community. As Massage Therapists we strive to be of service to others daily through many different modalities. I joined AMTA because I knew here I could become an even more prepared business owner, grow, and help the community with what I learn.
- Web Administrator
- Government Relations